1. Legal Compliance
OER complies with laws, regulations, guidelines, and other rules pertaining to the protection of personal information.
2. Collection of Personal Information
OER collects personal information using appropriate and lawful means.
3. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
OER uses personal information for the following purposes within the scope of OER business in the transportation and consumer service industries.
- To provide products and services
- To provide documentation and information requested by Customers and Others
- To contact applicants for special events or contests, or to provide documentation, information, and services to them
- To respond to inquiries from Customers and Others
- To use in formulating business strategies within OER
- To use in payment and invoice processes as part of executing business activities
- To make requests for various questionnaire and monitoring activities
- To provide information pertaining to products and services handled by OER and Odakyu Group companies (Please check here for the scope of the Odakyu Group companies.), affiliated companies, and others (including tenant stores of real estate owned by Odakyu Group. The same applies hereafter.), provide aftercare service, send advertising and promotional materials, and conduct other corporate PR activities to Customers and Others
- To develop new products, features, services, and the like pertaining to products and services
- To use in surveys such as market research pertaining to products and services handled by OER, Odakyu Group companies, affiliated companies, and others
- To use in hiring activities
- To provide to affiliates
- To make contact when lost articles are found and in emergencies
- To discharge OER’s obligations and exercise its rights based on agreements, laws and regulations, and the like, and all other pertinent matters thereof
- To contact Customers and Others as necessary in the course of business and verify business details
- To respond in various ways pertaining to the aforementioned items
4. Information Management and Safety Measures
- OER appropriately and strictly manages personal information, and implements thorough safety measures to prevent leaks and loss as well as unauthorized access, destruction, and falsification of personal information.
- OER conducts education and awareness-raising activities for employees to ensure that personal information is handled appropriately, and has established and faithfully operates internal systems to continuously implement the safety measures in (1).
- OER concludes agreements with outsourced service providers with which personal information is stored that stipulate appropriate handling of personal information by the outsourced service providers, and periodically verifies the status of personal information management.
5. Provision of Personal Information
Except in the following cases, OER does not provide the personal information of Customers and Others to third parties without obtaining the consent of the individual in question.
- Provision to outsourced service providers
When outsourcing work to third parties, OER may provide personal information to the outsourced service providers, and strictly implements management in line with this Policy for the relevant outsourced service providers.
- Provision to third parties
OER may provide personal information to third parties that are affiliates and others after instituting the necessary measures, including conclusion of a non-disclosure agreement.
- Shared use
OER engages in shared use of personal information for the purposes described in item 3. For more information, see here.
a. When required by law
b. When required to protect human life, bodily safety, or property, and obtaining the consent of the individual is not feasible
c. When specially required for the improvement of public health or the healthy development of children, and obtaining the consent of the individual is not feasible
d. When cooperation is required for the execution of legally stipulated matters by a national government body, local government body, or party contracted to perform such matters, and obtaining the consent of the individual may hinder the execution of the relevant matter
e. When provision is part of a merger or business succession by other means
6. Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
OER has established a customer center to handle inquiries concerning personal information, such as requests for notification of the purposes of use, disclosure, correction, addition, and deletion of information, suspension of use and removal of information, and suspension of provision to third parties (collectively “Disclosure and Other Requests”), and to receive comments from the public regarding the handling of personal information. OER responds to inquiries and comments in a timely and practical manner in accordance with relevant laws.
Inquiries about personal information handled by Odakyu Electric Railway Co., Ltd.
When contact information is listed on application forms and the like for products or services, please contact the listed number or URL. When contact information is not listed or is unknown, please contact OER at the following.
Odakyu Customer Center, Odakyu Electric Railway Co. Ltd.
Tel. 044-299-8200 (follow prompts and press 3)
The Odakyu Customer Center is open from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (seven days a week, except during the New Year’s holiday period)
Please note the following:
- Customers and Others are asked to submit written requests for Disclosure and Other Requests using the form prescribed by OER.
- OER requires persons submitting Disclosure and Other Requests to confirm their identity using means prescribed by OER (in the case of a proxy, establishing that the person submitting the request is authorized to act as a proxy).
- OER may impose a predetermined service charge on requests for disclosure of personal information and notification of the purposes of use.
OER implements this Policy while thoroughly undertaking awareness-building measures among all executives, employees, and relevant parties, and strives to implement continuous improvements to its voluntary management rules and systems for the protection of personal information.
This Policy is subject to change as necessary.
Established April 1, 2005
Amended March 18, 2019